Mobile computing technology
Vision Mobile Store takes advantage of mobile computing technology to provide easy to use in-store business functions designed to be carried out on the shop floor and put processing where the action is giving the power to rapidly adapt to the faster pace of retail.
The solution utilises radio-frequency communication to give real time information when and where it’s needed with no need for time consuming batch data processing. It makes use of touch screen technology with option to use the device keypad if required. Functions include:
- Flexibility to change the way that orders are created to suit the business. For example create an order for a specified supplier or scan any product and then have orders automatically created by supplier thereby removing the headache of having to know who supplies which product. Product Search by Code/Description and Product Search by Product Group to enable ordering of new or rarely stocked products.
Due diligence price check
- Easy checking of products and pricing with ability to produce a new label via belt printer and immediately address missing or incorrect labels. Supported by Store Management reporting to aid in planning and proving due diligence.
Shelf edge label print
- Quick and easy ability to produce a new label via belt printer and instantly address any need for new labels actually on the sales floor in real time.
- Enables checking of a product’s price and margin and allows price amendment and production of a new label via belt printer to enable quick reaction to competitor price changes.
- Enables counting of stock in terms of the units in which it is held.
- Adjust stock in terms of the units in which it is held giving the reason.
- Record stock wastage in terms of the units in which it is held giving the reason, enabling wastage reporting within Store Management.
Reduce to clear
- Produce Price Reduction labels via belt printer to enable easy product scanning at the till and recording for wastage reporting within StoreManagement.
Unknown item reporting
- Any unknown items encountered are recorded for management at the back office.